Facts and resources for business owners
Associations Supporting Small Businesses
- New York State – Empire State Development has a small business hub with several helpful resources including a helpful guide to owning and operating a small business in New York State. Click here for a direct download.
- Greater New York City SCORE – an organization that connects mentors, retired executives, and consultants with business owners in the New York City area for free (and confidential) mentoring and counseling.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) helps with loans, contracts, counseling services and other small business assistance.
- SBDC New York – If you’re unfamiliar with the SBDC, this is a great organization offering small business owners and entrepreneurs with training, advice, and business research… and it’s pro-bono!
- NFIB-New York (National Federation of Independent Business) – a membership-based organization of advocates for small business owners but you don’t have to be a member to access the resources available on the site.
- NYC Small Business First – a NYC government site offering guides and initiatives for small businesses.
Other Helpful Sites
List of business incentives available in New York State
“For the fact that I met him personally; I never met any of these other brokers I’ve been doing business with in real estate. That’s the biggest difference, I guess, the personal service that he normally gives.”
“Stu gave us good premiums, good coverage, and he was able to sit down and tell me what coverage I needed and what I didn’t. We’ve been with Stu for three years now, and pricing has remained consistent. I’ve saved at least 20%. I’m very happy with Stu, and I told him he can’t retire.”
Customized Insurance Coverage
Professional services business owners are saving up to 40% with customized insurance policies from Berkshire Hathaway.