Straight facts without the hype: Building owner and landlord resources
Take advantage of Stu Cohen’s real estate and insurance expertise for information to help you build a more successful business. Here you’ll find:
- More ways to save money on building insurance without sacrificing coverage
- Information from insurance and real estate groups
- Media coverage on Stu Cohen and the City Building Owners Insurance Program
- Links to useful online information for building owners and property managers
Insurance Guides & Calculators
- Residential Building Insurance Planner
There are so many insurance policy options for residential buildings and properties; be sure you’re getting the coverage you need and not paying for the coverage you don’t. Use our free planner to compare insurance policies to ensure you get the right coverage at the right price.
- Our Personal Service Begins at Your Doorstep
Whether you manage multiple buildings or you own a single brownstone, we can help you get coverage that saves you money and help you manage your risks so you sleep better.
- How to Save Money on Property and Liability Insurance [PDF]
Follow these tips to lower your insurance costs without sacrificing coverage.
- Building Coinsurance Risk Calculator
Understand coinsurance risks and avoid penalties. Learn how adequate property coverage can save you from costly underinsurance.
Featured Articles & Posts by Stu Cohen
- The Atlantic – Fire Escapes Are Evocative, But Mostly Useless
- Evaluating Your Insurance Coverage: How Does Yours Measure Up?, as published in The Cooperator
- The New York Times – A Plumbing Problem: Sludge in the Bathtub
- 8 Ways to Make a Building More Attractive to an Insurance Company, as published in the New York Housing Journal newsletter. Sponsored by the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP), an association of apartment building owners
- Seven ways building owners can negotiate to lower their insurance rates, as published in the New York Real Estate Journal
- What Every Association and Property Manager Needs to Know About Directors & Officers Liability
- Best Practices in Property Management
- 6 Signs You Need a New Insurance Agent
- A Guide to Landlord Responsibilities in New York City
- Do you need Loss of Rents in your building coverage?
- Don’t Forget to Update Your Home Inventory (and Insurance Coverage)
- Hiring contractors? Follow these risk management tips
- How and When to File a Landlord Insurance Claim
- How to Buy a Master Policy for Condos and Co-ops
- How to Choose Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- How to Shop for Commercial Property Insurance in New York City
- Insurance Agent or Broker: What’s the Difference?
- Lower Landlord Insurance Costs: How to Get the Best Rates
- Ordinance or Law: A Smart Move for New York City Building Owners
- Popular New York Property Insurance Coverage for City Building Owners
- Risk Management for Building Owners
- Should I hire an independent insurance consultant?
- The Legality of New York City Basement Rentals
- Understanding Basic, Broad Form Coverage and Special Form Coverage
- What’s Your Sign? NYC Landlord Requirements for Signs & Notices
- Why Multi-Building Owners Benefit from a Master Policy Approach
Press Releases and Mentions
- City Building Owners Partners with the PURE Group of Insurance Companies to offer Property and Casualty Insurance to High Net Worth Families
- Stu Cohen Wins Prestigious Power Broker Award
Industry and Association Information
- Small Property Owners of New York, Inc. (SPONY)
- The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Bronx-Manhattan North Association of Realtors
- Community Housing Improvement Program, Inc.
Download your FREE residential building insurance planner!
Protect your real estate investment. Our free residential building insurance planner will help you make the smartest possible decisions for your property.
You’ll receive periodic information about protecting your real estate investments. Your information will not be shared.
Concerned about a coinsurance clause? Try out your scenarios on our calculator.