At City Building Owners, we are committed to protecting your privacy as a visitor to this website and as our customer.
Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
What personal information do we collect from website visitors?
As you visit or browse this website, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about cookies installed on your device. We use this information to provide and enhance this website to offer more relevant information to our visitors.
We collect this information when you visit the website, use Services offered on our websites, or engage with us either by email or web form. We also collect any additional information that you might voluntarily provide to us.
How long do we retain personal information?
- In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What we don’t do with personal information
- We do not share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to companies not mentioned in this policy (other than to specific integrated applications you are interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
- We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access and follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive and personal information entrusted to us. For instance, data transmission is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser.
- We use regular Malware Scanning. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We do not take online payments directly through this Website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer your PII to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information, when appropriate, to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Remarketing or similar audience features in AdWords to reach people who previously visited our website to improve our message to our audience.
- We use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) for Demographics and Interests Reporting, to personalize content, provide social media features, and to analyze traffic.
- We also allow Google to show our ads on sites across the internet.
- We allow some social media platforms to host share or like buttons that collect data and the specifics of those collections.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Although citybuildingowners.com provides paid services only to customers in the United States, this website attracts users from around the world, including in the EEA, who are free to subscribe to our free content. If you are located in the EEA, we ensure that your information is protected.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you are a visitor of this website and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you subscribe to our blog), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. In particular, we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves or specific third parties to:
- Prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- Provide communications and marketing;
- Provide reporting and analytics;
- Provide answers to questions;
- Test features or additional services; and
- Improve our services, applications and website.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organizational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
How do we protect your personal information across borders?
While our organization is based in the United States, we provide services to individuals and our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, we may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state or province in which you are located.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access and follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive and personal information entrusted to us.
If you are located in the EEA and believe that your personal information has been used in a manner that is not consistent with the relevant privacy policies listed above, please contact us using the information below.
Control over and access to personal information
City Building Owners Insurance understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port or limit the use of your personal information.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details below:
City Building Owners
ATTN: Data Protection Officer
293 Route 100, Suite 109
Somers, NY 10589
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States, and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
To be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify users via email within seven (7) business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to stop receiving email communications, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address to:
- Send information and respond to inquiries and/or other requests.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction.
In accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
City Building Owners Insurance
293 Route 100, Suite 109
Somers, NY 10589 USA
To review the general terms and conditions for using this website, please view our Terms and Conditions page.
Last updated on 2018-06-12